For the days when you “just. can’t. even.” Ranch-Style Beans to the rescue!
This recipe has been passed down through the generations on my dad’s side and was a favorite of my Grandma Hambell’s (mom of seven, yes seven kids. Fun fact: My dad, aunts and uncles endearingly nick-named Ranch-style Beans “Dog Food”because of its appearance! This recipe is:
- Inexpensive and easy to make for a crowd, even at a moment’s notice.
- Filled with shelf-stable ingredients you probably already have on-hand anyway.
- So easy to make, even a mom of a fussy 3-month old, and crazy energetic 4-year-old can make it! (Read: Me last night…)
- I also love that this recipe uses onion soup mix instead of an actual onion. You get all of the flavor with no tears and no drama. Which makes for one happy mama!
- Tastes great as leftovers.
- It is simply delicious.
This recipe is for the days you need to make dinner, but don’t have it in you to put too much time or effort into anything…but want to give your family a delicious, and nutritious meal they’ll love. Even Emerson, my 4-year-old daughter (and toughest critic), asks for seconds and declares it her “favorite recipe!”
Pair it with a simple salad and some biscuits, or even just bread and butter, and your set!