Before I had kids I would NEVER…I mean EVER leave the house without make-up on. Two kids later, my stance on this has changed just a little. I now go for the “something is better than nothing” approach. And luckily, my life (and look) have changed for the better with this super quick routine!
Thanks to a great skincare routine that I started a few years back, I feel so blessed that I no longer have to wear make-up for the sake of covering up my skin, but rather to enhance it. And, while I could go out totally bare faced and feel comfortable. I tend to require just a little more than just coffee and mascara to feel on top of my game. To read more about EVER’s skincare line, check out my post Clean Beauty Spotlight on EVER Skin.
So what’s a girl to do?
With Emerson, my kindergartner, I’d rather spend my time making her look and feel Uber-cute and ready to rock the day ahead of her. So, instead of taking the 20 minutes to perfect my look, I have five minutes, not consecutively, to make myself look pulled together and on top of my game. Thanks to some fun products and time management tricks—5 minutes is now all I need to feel pulled together and ready for my day. It’s totally within reach for you too!
Here’s how you can too:
This post is a reflection of my day-to-day. All products mentioned are my own, and while I’m not sponsored by EVER, I do have a Specialist page with them—because I love using and sharing the products THAT much. So, if you click the links, you’ll see my friendly face at the top of the page as a Specialist. If you’ve got an awesome product you want to share, feel free to do so in the comments!
5-minute beauty routine
- Prep and prime skin. Great make-up starts with great skin. I’m such a firm believer in a quality cleanser, exfoliator, moisturizer/primer and eye cream. This allows make-up to glide on smoothly and quickly.
- Even out your skin tone. Depending on coverage preference, you can use a tinted moisturizer (less coverage) or foundation (a bit more).
- Brighten and conceal. Want to instantly look like you had a full eight hours of sleep? One word: CONCEALER. If you’re dealing with next level darkness, starting with a good corrector is a MUST. It was my saving grace after Luke was born when sleep waste a minimum and under-eye darkness was amped up to the max. Corrector has the consistency of concealer and comes in a peachy-pink shade. It works to counteract dreaded purple-grey tones in the corners or underneath your eyes. Been up tending to a precious new-born or sick child all night? If you only have the energy for one step today, do this one.
- Add some color, girl! This is where using one cheek & eye palette (with three simple brushes) has saved me SO much time. Not having to dig around in a bottomless pit of a make-up bag has also saved me a little bit of sanity. Plue, the huge, clear mirror makes it SO easy for me to get my make-up done, while chasing Luke, my 18 month-old, around the house!
- MASCARA!!! Aside from concealer, an application of mascara is the single-most thing to make your face look brighter, younger and more alert.
- Fill in those brows. Nothing will frame your face and make you look more polished like shaping and filling in your brows. I’ve found, the less strategic I am, the better off my brows look. This is SO hard for me as a perfectionist! But TRUST me, you don’t want perfectly drawn in eye brows. They’ll just looks scary and fake. Just brush a little on where your eyebrows looks sparse, and voila! After adding this one simple step to my make-up routine, I’ve had friends ask me if I lost weight or got a haircut…they couldn’t pinpoint it, but something about me just looked better.
- Finish the look with a great lip color or gloss. Like adding frosting to a cupcake. Whether your a dramatic, matte red lip kinda gal, or prefer a glossier, more natural pout—this is the final step in achieving your full-faced look.
And that is IT! I promise!!! The best part?! This routine can be done anywhere. Starbucks drive-through, car line drop off (or pick up), locker room at the gym. You name it. I actually love to do my make-up in the car, because the lighting can’t be beat.
I hope I’ve inspired you to either simplify your make-up routine to save you time and sanity OR bump your routine up a notch…because it really is just that simple!