About Kristal & Lattes & Little Hugs blog
HI! I’m Kristal: Mom of two and creator of Lattes & Little Hugs blog.
With two kids under 10, my husband Erik & I are in the thick of those “long days and short years.” These are days filled with lots of love, chaos and the BEST intentions. Despite our best intentions, some days are just plain CRAZY! I try to live by the Boy Scouts motto “Be Prepared”…but sometimes, I have to remind myself to take that deep breath and embrace the beautiful chaos to thrive in the season of motherhood.
I created Lattes & Little Hugs in 2016 when I needed a quiet spot to help to navigate through this beautiful…yet messy thing called motherhood.
Each internet search I did (or Facebook post I read) mostly left me feeling fed up & underwhelmed. Finding tips and advice? Sure, that was easy.
The harder part was finding tips and advice that didn’t leave me feeling unsure, or even bad about myself as a mom! I wasn’t looking for passive-aggressive judgment or seeds of self-doubt.
I was looking for positivity! Solutions to my problems…and a place that left me feeling like a better mom for having been there. One that equipped me to feel like I’m actually winning in motherhood!
Since that day in December of 2016, Lattes & Little Hugs has grown into a destination for like-minded moms in need of encouragement, positivity and practical solutions to their everyday concerns.
* Support on parenting—in a way that leaves you feeling GOOD and never guilty.
* Healthier food alternatives that kids will actually enjoy.
* Budget-friendly activities & ideas to cultivate stronger relationships with your kids & spouse.
* Making better use of your time through intentional and organized living techniques.
* Fresh and unique ways to fill your cup and stay true to who you really are in order to offer the best of yourself to your children and spouse.
If this sounds like you…well, friend…you’ve come to the right place! And if you’d like to stay in touch on the regular, be sure to sign up for the newsletter for content not available on the blog.
- Who I Live With: My husband Erik and my kids – 6-year-old daughter Emerson, 2-year-old son Luke and our fur baby Bentley.
- What I Do With My Time: I enjoy long walks down the organizational & home decor aisle of Target, IKEA and Office Depot, getting my self-improvement & health fix via podcasts or audiobooks, riding my pretty new bike at the Oceanfront, and indulging in the latest at-home skincare and beauty products when time allows.
- Where I Live: Virginia Beach. We relocated here from Charlotte, NC about four years ago for Erik’s job as a producer for a local media company. I love that “vacation” is only a short drive away and we’re almost guaranteed to see dolphins as we walk along the oceanfront.
- Why Lattes & Little Hugs? These are a few of my favorite things! Life doesn’t get any better than when I feel the sweet embrace of my children’s arms hugging tightly around my neck—or that first sip of a well-crafted latte.
- What’s Trending: Check out my most popular posts here.
- Find Me: In your inbox or on Pinterest or Facebook. You can also drop me a line here.