I think it’s safe to say that most of us just aim to please in life…
Here are the top 5 things that have made a huge difference in our home.
1. Setting a loose schedule
2. Using a morning/evening Routine Chart
3. Getting a visual guide to healthier meals
Ever get tired of telling your kids to eat their fruits and veggies before they can have dessert? I do! These visual serving plates are GREAT! I love these plates because they help give me a visual guide to be sure I’m feeding my children healthy, balanced meals. They’re great for my children because she knows she has to finish those fruits and veggies before she can even think about dessert. It’s also helping to instill the habit of eating a well-balanced meal with her. You can get them from Amazon, by clicking here.
4. Give all of their belongings a “home.”
5. Plan your children’s outfits out on Sunday night for the upcoming week.
Choosing our clothes ahead of time has paid off in a number of ways.
1) Children get some extra one-on-one time with Mom or Dad before the upcoming week.
2) In our experience, this helps to get them excited for the week ahead. We usually talk about why we’re picking each outfit out for a certain day. Warm weather, a special theme at school, etc.
3) It eliminates the need to make big, important decisions first thing in the morning. I’ll have to admit, I started doing this for myself as well, and I love how it feels to put my morning on autopilot that way!
We are loving these bright and fun hangable “Days of the Week” cubbies we found on Amazon. It stores our children’s clothing choices perfectly and has even helped us to teach them the days of the week. :). Click here to check them out on Amazon.
I hope that these 5 tips and tricks we’ve learned along the way will help make life a little bit easier and fun for both you and your children! Sometimes all it takes is some extra effort in communication, a cute chore chart and a few small splurges from Amazon to make everything fun and new again! If you like these tips, be sure to subscribe to the Lattes and Little Hugs newsletter, where you’ll get fun, fresh and helpful subscriber-only info (not available on the blog) delivered straight to your inbox! Enter your info below to sign up.