Hi there! I’m Kristal, and I am so happy to have you here!
What’s This Blog All About?
A life worth living is worth living well! That’s my motto, and definitely one worth living by.
Here at Lattes & Little Hugs, a lifestyle blog in helping you to live your best life, we’ll find ways to do it all a just a little bit better.
Life is beautiful. It can be easier, simpler, healthier and more stylish. And that’s where I’m here to help!
And in #momlife, our ways of living better are not always conventional, but they sure can be fun!
What’s in a name: Lattes & Little Hugs
I wanted to incorporate the things that seem to bring me a sense of comfort and pure joy in my heart. Since I was old enough to enjoy coffee, a great latte did just this. Comfort, tranquility, indulgence.
Since Emerson was born, it didn’t take long for the euphoric feeling of little warm arms wrapped around my neck in an embrace of pure love to trump any other feeling of joy in the world. It’s a feeling of joy, gratitude and humility, all wrapped into one.
Who I Am & Where I’m From
Born in Denver, CO and raised everywhere in-between! After college I relocated to Charlotte, NC in 2005 for my career. In 2009, I met my husband Erik! Our romance blossomed over table-side guacamole, and has been an adventure ever-since!
We’re current residents of Virginia Beach, and enjoying everything it has to offer. We have a sweet and spunky Yorkie named Bentley (or first baby–of the furry variety), a witty and charming four (going on fourteen) year-old daughter, Emerson and the newest addition to our family, sweet Luke (born in March)!
I’m loving life as a stay-at-home mom to our sweet and spunky four-year-old, Emerson and darling baby boy, Luke, who was born in March! There is never a dull moment, that’s for sure! As a previous working mama turned SAHM, I know that PARENTHOOD keeps us all on our toes. And, although the challenges are different, many things remain the same.
As a wife and mother, I want to be the best I can be for my family and myself. And while that sounds simple, life can often times get in the way! I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband, mom & sisters that put things back into perspective when I need it! At other times, writing is my best outlet, and my best way to talk myself back into the mindset where I need to be. And that’s the insight I’m bringing to you with this blog!
Motherhood. Health & wellness. Fashion & beauty. Getting the BEST deal to save money where I don’t want to spend it, to have more of it where I do. These are the passions I’m so excited to bring to you through my blog posts.
Random facts about crazy, quirky me…
- One of my all time favorite quotes is that “The only thing constant is change.” It’s one that I’ve referred back to so many times in life–because it’s so true!
- I have an obsession with planners, calendars, my label maker and all things organization! Anything that can bring simplicity to me and my family in a world of chaos, I’m a fan of.
- I have a knack for turning any “cool” song into a kids song in some way. I am seriously proud of this and never cease to amaze myself! (Miley Cyrus’ Party in the USA was turned into “Potty in the USA” in our house during potty training time for Emerson. The Fresh Prince & DJ Jazzy Jeff song Summertime has morphed into “Tummy-time” for Luke. For now, my children seem to think I’m funny as well!
- I had an espresso machine in my dorm room my freshman year and would regularly make lattes, cappuccinos or espresso for my friends when they stopped by my room. Although my tolerance for caffeine has sadly diminished, my love for lattes never will (thank goodness for decaf).
- I drive a mini van, and totally own it. It’s the comfiest car ever…and like driving around in my favorite tote bag. (Does that get me any cool points back?!)
- Favorite stores: Athleta, Banana Republic, Nordstrom Rack, Amazon Prime and Target (duh, I’m a mom!)
- My current obsession is mason jars. Is there anything these little jars can’t do?!
- My current dream is to get an RV and travel around the country with my family, exploring all there is to see.
- Not surprisingly, my favorite HGTV show is House Hunters, Tiny Homes.
- My favorite sports teams: Carolina Panthers and Ohio University Bobcats. Please note: I follow sports very loosely. I’m in it for the cute fan gear, socializing and food.
Again, welcome to Lattes & Little Hugs! I can’t wait to share my experiences with you and help serve you and your needs as mothers and women. We are each so unique, but share such an amazing and unbreakable bond!